PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Program Manager (UX)
San Francisco, CA
- Provides program management expertise for highly complex programs (large to enterprise scale) focusing on design area
- Collaborate with members from multiple business units to identify, communicate, and handle:
- Design program involvement
- Design program goals
- Design tasks and timelines
- Program dependencies
- Update UX leadership on Design program status
- Lead regular reviews of achievements and project goals and identify risks across Design programs
- Establish methods and metrics for tracking & improving performance coupled with making decisions within Design organization, and the extended Program Management Organization.
- Work closely with Design, Research, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure each department receives the data needed to make informed decisions specific to their disciplines.
- Working with Design Leads to define and breakdown work, project scope, and critical path to assist in facilitating Design planning and prioritization.
- Exhibits leadership skills by advocating standard methodologies, anticipating future problems and issues, and seeks to improve processes and tools for the program to cultivate a fun, positive and solution-focused team culture.
- Provides detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant partners.
- Identifies resource gaps and communicates recommendations to UX Leadership
- Drive clear dedicated communication, and support healthy collaboration between all groups involved with Design initiatives.
- Stay aligned with the Design vision, strategy & roadmap to support the successful execution of cross platform initiatives.
- A self starter with a solid understanding of user centered design practices and design project life cycle
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to make timely decisions
- Validated ability to tackle routine and complicated problems effectively and independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles
- Proficiency with agile development tools
- Solid understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a large organization
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- At least 5 years working in the technology and games industries
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.