PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead Tools Programmer
We are God of War! Join us!
You’re into games – you love making them, you love collaborating to make them. Your strength is guiding a team in developing efficient tools, pipelines, and infrastructure to support game prototyping, production, and testing.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound interesting? If so, give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Participate in high-level discussions about the interaction between code, content creation, and Q/A to determine direction needed for quality customer support
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Upgrade, evolve, and maintain existing servers and infrastructure in collaboration with IT
- Familiar with Perforce, Git, Jenkins, Windows, and Linux system administration
- Mentor, guide, and lead programmers of all experience levels
- Collaborate in making plans and driving them to timely completion
- Exhibit pragmatic long view of systems to propose and guide necessary improvements
- Profile and optimize software systems to improve performance
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Expertise in C/C++ required, Python desirable
- Minimum seven years of professional programming experience
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Experience in programming user-facing tools; knowledge of good UI design principles
- Extensive knowledge of 3D authoring packages (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max)
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Work across disciplines, with diverse team members who hold differing perspectives
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.