PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Engineering and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward software projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Owning the project schedule, task assignments, and managing schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
- Portfolio management experience at enterprise level
- Applying knowledge for improvement of existing PMO process
- 5+ years’ experience as a Program/Project Manager
- 2-3 years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry
- Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
- Solid understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes
- Proficiency with tools in Agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures)
- Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment
- Experience with digital advertising and optimization
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com)
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
- Japanese language skills helpful
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.