PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
San Mateo, CA
Overall, the position of Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will be accountable for managing analytics to support the strategic direction of PlayStation’s Global Marketing organization including analysis that guides the development of new business initiatives and growth of existing ones.
- Support Marketing and Planning Directors by providing data driven recommendations for various initiatives
- Conduct detailed and advanced analyses of new and existing businesses covering a variety of areas including financial modeling, pricing, ROI analysis, revenue optimization, and product performance
- Develop complex financial and user adoption models and scenarios to optimize revenue and profitability
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop strategy, goals, and KPIs to create an integrated holistic view of marketing success
- Drive interpretation, socialization and adoption of all marketing learnings and insights
- Lead the design and implementation of all complex analyses that may include data mining, predictive modeling, forecasting and segmentation techniques
- Support the console portfolio planning process. Planning the launch calendars, discussing potential partnership opportunities, promotional calendar planning
- Support in development of Marketing Mix Modeling for PlayStation portfolio of products
- Minimum of 12+ years work experience in data analysis and financial analysis
- 2+ years experience leading a team of analysts
- Exceptional quatitative analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written skills and ability to present a story using PowerPoint or Keynote
- Proven track record of using data to influence decisions on real world problems
- Strong interpersonal, consulting and business partner management skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to lead the team and influence partner decisions and drive the business impact
- Extensive experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with at least one statistical tools and languages: R, SAS, Python, Spark, Scala
- Adept in analytical and visualization tools: MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, databox
- Ability to articulate ideas and present insights through verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with multiple business partners
- Experience working with contractors and agencies
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.