PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator position is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. The ability to think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple projects to successful completion is paramount to this position. This position will also provide second level help desk support to local users.
- Provide local site administration of IT infrastructure: Server, security, networking, storage systems, and desktops.
- Implementation and administration of advanced Microsoft technologies.
- Configure, maintain, as well as provide trending and performance analysis of enterprise class storage systems.
- Proficient in Linux OS administration and configuration (RedHat/CentOS)
- Manage and maintain development infrastructure: version control (Perforce / Git), configuration management (Puppet), continuous integration (Jenkins CI), deployment automation (kickstart / MDT), scripting (Python / Powershell).
- Provision, configure and maintain the AWS cloud and VM infrastructure.
- Work proactively to determine potential issues existing in the environment. Apply performance tuning techniques where applicable.
- Perform second level support for all workstation and server class systems.
- Develop and implement infrastructure DR procedures.
- Create project plans and documentation.
- Work with development team to research, design and implement new services and technologies for scaling our growing data sets and build pipeline, for performance improvement and developer workload reduction.
- Research new trends and technologies leading to testing and justification for deployment.
- Collaborate with other offices and territories to plan and implement new technology.
- Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies.
- < 5% travel per year supporting remote sites as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Develops plans that best satisfy both business and technical requirements.
- Technical Skills – Mid to advanced-level understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 required; Strong knowledge of Active Directory and related services; Advanced knowledge in Linux administration; Must understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams; Strong working knowledge of Perforce revision control, and continuous integration technologies such as Jenkins CI; Familiar with the concepts behind a distributed build system; last 3+ years managing enterprise storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI) – NetApp, EMC, HDS ideal; intermediate (2-3 years) with networking; have considerable knowledge of security concepts and industry best practices; scripting knowledge; system monitoring (SNMP-based) a plus; email/messaging experience a plus.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information; Produces and maintains documentation for systems and services; Ability to interact effectively with others on varying technical competency, venders, management, and staff.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to required work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans; Operates across multiple projects concurrently and assumes responsibility for implementation of projects.
Required Experience / Education:
- At least three years of experience or equivalent
- At least one year of post high-school education or equivalent
Preferred Experience / Education:
- At least six years of experience or equivalent
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.