PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Character Artist
As a Senior Character Artist, you will help to execute the artistic vision and develop an awesome product by using a combination of traditional fine art and technical art skills to create our characters. We are looking for you to learn from the industry's premier talent in art and tech to create AAA characters! Come work and learn from the team that brought you God of War®.
- Character modeling and sculpting, UV Layout, Texture painting and material setup.
- Utilize artistic techniques and processes to define and achieve a product’s visual style.
- Ensure that character assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design.
- Participate in research and development
- Serve as a mentor for more junior level artists.
- Conduct research for reference materials, pushing the overall quality
- Collaborate with other departments such as Animation, Combat, Tech, to make sure artwork fits the specs and gameplay.
- Strong traditional fine art skills (illustration, painting, composition, human anatomy / organic forms, color theory, 2D & 3D design)
- 5 + Years of experience as a 3D Artist
- Shipped AAA game/s
- Capable of resolving a range of complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other members.
- Proficient in the use of Maya (or 3D modeling package), Photoshop, ZBrush/Mudbox, and Texture creation/Material editing (Substance Painter/Mari/Unreal/Unity)
- Familiarity with video game development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture paining, PBR material setup, character skinning, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, and engine parameters/optimizations desirable.
- Desire to strive for greatness and improvement.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.