PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Gameplay Animator
Are you an experienced game developer with a penchant for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Do you enjoy PlayStation’s library of games and their top-tier studios? Have you always known how beautiful San Diego is, but never found an opportunity to live there? Then this is the opportunity for you!
Sony PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. This is the same world-class team known for its contributions to beloved franchises like Uncharted, Death Stranding, God of War and more. For more than a decade, we have shared knowledge, support and cutting-edge techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with a major Sony development studio. Though currently unannounced, we have a clear vision and plan to release. The new game development team will leverage our existing expertise and premier talent, guaranteeing a high visual quality bar for the title. Don’t wait… we want to hear from you!
- Animate and integrate player and NPC animations sets.
- Work with technical artists building animation state trees.
- Work with designers and other animators to help implement a pipeline for interactive gameplay moments using unique and shared animations.
- Collaborate across disciplines to get work done and clear dependencies.
- Work directly with artists, programmers, designers and other animators to contribute to the vision of the game.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- 5+ years of animation experience in either single or multiplayer 3D action games.
- Technical proficiency, setting up and adding to animation trees.
- Experience implementing and fine-tuning melee and ranged combat systems for console.
- Experience with creating and polishing player and NPC animations.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to focus and work without micro-management while adhering to schedules.
- Console development experience.
- A shipped AAA title.
- Previous experience shipping a 3rdperson action game.
- Ability to work without a Technical Artist to implement animation trees and blends.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.