PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Art Lead
We are God of War! Join us!
You are into games – you love playing them and you love making them. And you’re half coder and half artist – you get both, you help each understand the other, and you can translate from art to tech and back again, so everyone gets the most out of the tools and knows what to ask for to get awesome art up onto the screen.
And you are talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done and have a passion for making the people around you learn and grow. Sound like a good fit? If so, give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: invent or build robust, quality technical implementations
- Refine and improve artist workflows
- Mentor and guide art, FX and lighting team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Partner with leads and directors to meet visual and technical standards
- Help with optimization efforts by educating team members as well as driving profiling automation and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional experience in computer-generated art
- Understanding of the following:
- Artist workflows
- VFX authoring (particles, flip books, flow maps, etc)
- Lighting theory (PBR/PBL, LUTs, etc)
- HDR pipeline and color theory
- Profiling and optimizing content for real time rendering
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Good understanding of algorithm design and of their inherent complexity
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Understanding of software architecture and design
- Intimate knowledge of Maya and computer graphics as demonstrated in a portfolio
- Experience in coding user-facing tools; knowledge of good UI design principles
- Working knowledge of in C++ is preferred, along with Python / PySide and MEL
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.