PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, bright engineers, and a passionate security team? If so, join us!
The Application Security Engineer position is a hands-on engineering role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a success-oriented, fast-paced, and fun environment.
The Application Security Engineer will provide expert technical guidance and hands on validation of secure solutions during the design, development, and testing of systems supporting the Sony Interactive Entertainment products and services.
- Collaborate with engineers, consultants and leadership to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform security architecture and design reviews of all systems and applications developed in Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Perform validation of security controls to insure adherence with compliance and industry best practices.
- Perform hands on security testing of products and services to proactively discover risk and track them to resolution.
- Understand, balance and communicate business risk with security risk.
- Ability to understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality.
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment as it pertains to security.
- Leading includes keeping better communication with other engineers, consultants and leadership in order to conduct other job duties in the above as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security/Cyber Security or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ previous experience in information security.
- 2+ years’ experience working within software development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the ability to secure them.
- Experience of security architecture and design reviews.
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, Go, Python and Perl etc. and understand how to detect and remedy related security issues such as OWASP top 10.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with securing host, database, and application solutions for multi-tier systems.
- Experience with Penetration Testing.
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques.
- Hacker mindset and always strives to think like an attacker.
- Experience with AWS and Akamai technologies.
- Technical certifications within information security are a plus (CISSP, CCSP, GIAC or equivalents).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.