PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Content Partnerships Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Why work when you can play?
PlayStation Network is a one-stop shop for not only the best games, but all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, and Apps. With significant video engagement on the platform, PlayStation Video has become integral to driving non-game activity on PlayStation Network.
As a Content Partnerships Associate for the transactional PlayStation Video service, you will be a vital part of the Content Partnerships Team. Based in Los Angeles, the team is responsible for developing and growing key accounts for film, television and live event partners. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing key relationships with domestic and international independent studios and distributors to identify and create unique partnership opportunities for PlayStation Video ultimately to grow revenue for both parties. You will work closely with the marketing and e-commerce merchandising teams to develop, plan and execute robust content strategies in line with business goals. Additionally, you will work with various other functional groups including but not limited to operations, content acquisition, pricing, business strategy and product teams.
- Develop and maintain strong direct relationships with indie content partners to discuss strategies for account growth in order to maximize business performance on a quarterly basis
- Manage day-to-day partnership activities, working closely with internal teams (merchandising, marketing, operations and pricing) to implement ongoing marketing/promotional activities, resolve content delivery issues and strategize on business related items to spur growth
- Analyze avail notices and select content to deliver on the content strategy, working closely with the operations team
- Highlight titles to the merchandising and marketing teams for additional promotion and merchandising through data-driven research and an active understanding of partners’ marketing support
- Participate in regular content slate reviews with partners to identify tent-pole titles for PlayStation Video as well as cross-category opportunities
- Manage content through its release windows with a deep understanding of the business terms and conditions in each partner’s contracts
- Manage implementation of key content initiatives, working with content partners and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate implementation
- Develop and maintain competitive information on the local markets including product offerings, strengths/weaknesses, and current news and trends
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a digital video distribution environment (TVOD, SVOD or AVOD) is required
- Demonstrates leadership skills and confidence in managing strategic partnerships
- Proficient at multi-tasking in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-oriented, highly organized, proactive and able to work independently
- Comfortable working with content management systems
- Self-motivated with a collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and strong desire for success in a highly competitive industry
- Experience working in partner facing relationship management role focused on video content sales, licensing and/or distribution
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment and technology industries (including key players, growth trends and drivers, new media models, industry structure, etc.)
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and services offered
- Experience working in a national or global company
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.