PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At SIE, our offer management and subscription platform delivers significant value for customers and significant recurring revenue for our business. Growing and extending our offer management and subscription capabilities is a cornerstone capability for the future of our commerce platform. Enabling dynamic and targeted offers as well as creating engaging and valuable subscription offerings for our customers and platform is paramount for the success of our business.
As the Director of our Offer Management & Subscriptions Platform Engineering Organization, you are a key leader in defining and nurturing a culture that aligns with, and further enables SIE’s tremendous growth and engaging entertainment experiences. You possess strong business acumen and technical skills that, in combination, allows you to develop well-balanced processes and solutions that deliver material organizational value and awesome customer enablement. We are looking for a Leader with exceptional leadership skills, and passion that is contagious.
- Acquires and empowers highly talented, passionate, driven leaders, to lead and inspire our engineering teams.
- Leads and enables teams of Architects, Analysts, Engineers, and Quality Engineers to deliver highly available, scalable, and performant offer management and subscription solutions in AWS
- Showcases uncompromising ownership of outcomes and deliverables for their team
- Role Model for Customer focused delivery for both internal and external customers
- Energetically, passionately, and effectively works across organizational boundaries, collaborating to deliver awesome offer management and subscription capabilities.
- Experienced Operational Leader that drives Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement within their team and across the organization.
- Builds and fosters agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices.
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise by building, operating, and optimizing automated self-service capabilities at enterprise scale.
- Performs a key leadership role in the technology transformation of the existing capabilities and innovation of new capabilities to support business vision and strategy.
- Leads and delivers results against the Commerce Vision. This includes setting technical vision, gathering requirements, gaining business consensus, performing vendor and product evaluations, mentoring business and development resources, and delivering solutions.
- Participates in product road-map discussions, identifies key areas for improvement in the product, and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS in CS or IS preferred with emphasis on software services, architecture and modeling.
- 7+ years’ experience required in delivering enterprise scale solutions in support of on-line, secure, scalable, resilient software solutions.
- 7+ years of leading, inspiring, and growing talented Software Engineering and Operations teams.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required.
- Experience leading teams in researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit, operations, and cost efficiencies of implementing such technologies is necessary.
- Must possess the drive and passion for technology leadership with the ability to excite, mentor, and motivate team members in various roles in the organization
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Extensive recent experience with technology transformation, specifically designing, implementing, and operating automated, self-service solutions in AWS.
- Deep experience with architecting, designing, implementing and operating large scale offer management and subscriptions platforms in a highly available, scalable enterprise environment.
- Expertise delivering reliable, scalable and flexible subscription platforms.
- Experience with subscription packaging and pricing model best practices.
- Direct experience developing and delivering rules-based solutions in the offer management domain, monitoring effectiveness and tuning to optimize for the best outcomes.
- Development background with complex frameworks to support subscription up-sell and cross sell opportunities.
- Subscription renewal and payment optimization best practices.
- Hands-on practice of delivering subscription services powered by customer metrics.
- Familiarity with enterprise subscription platforms such as but not limited to: Zuora, Hybris, CSG International, Digital River, Oracle Monetization Cloud.
- Extensive Program Management Experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.