PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you want to help bring PlayStation technology to a worldwide audience? Are you passionate about securing infrastructure that constantly pushes the boundary of the gaming industry? Are you ready to work with innovative technology, bright engineers, and a passionate security team? If so, join us!
The Security Architect position is a hands-on engineering role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams and with other sharp engineers in a success-oriented, fast-paced, and fun environment
The Security Architect role is that of a senior-level security professional responsible for the planning, analysis, design, and review of the SIE (Sony Interactive Entertainment) computer and network security infrastructure. The Security Architect is responsive to changes in business and risk and is on the forefront of emerging technologies, driving new and better solutions to industry security needs. This requires exceptional technical knowledge of security principles, wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other engineering disciplines and domains, acute business acumen, and superior communication skills.
The architect fully understands business needs and is able to assess relative risk and drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. This individual will also have strong leadership skills and be able to lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers from successful design to deployment of systems. The architect should also be known as an industry leader, developing new security systems, and innovating paradigm-altering solutions.
The Security Architect reports to the Director of Global Security Architecture.
- Design and build enterprise-class security systems for both production and corporate environments
- Acquire a complete understanding of SIE technology and information systems
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security needs
- Proactively seek security gaps with respect to current and projected business direction and spearhead solutions to address those gaps
- Understand all phases of software development spanning design, development, deployment, and maintenance, and be able to address and mitigate security risks at all phases
- Understand and be able to drive down security risk for development systems tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Git, buildbot
- Understand security elements of standard and custom hardware design including secure key storage, trust zones, and hardware exploits; be able to identify potential vulnerabilities and use hardware to mitigate security risks
- Design and contribute heavily to network security architecture including firewalls, WAFs, network segmentation, VLANs, VPNs, and DoS/DDoS mitigation
- Design, secure, and drive integration of production key management systems including Vault, cloud KMS, HSM
- Create solutions that enhance cloud security using available cloud controls/products, third party products, and/or custom-developed systems
- Understand corporate authentication and authorization systems including AD, LDAP, Okta, Duo and how to design secure corporate systems with them
- Understand corporate enterprise tools such as Microsoft Office, OWA, Box, Google Apps
- Be a master of identifying security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Innovate new security systems to address the unique needs of the platform
- Be able to clearly articulate risks and solutions to diverse audiences
- Be able to lead multi-disciplined teams though security initiatives and projects
- Review and approve security architecture for new projects or changes to existing systems
- Be the enterprise subject matter expert who can articulate complex security challenges to others without a security background
Five or more years of experience in:
- Designing and implementing security solutions, including continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions and working with an extended information security team
- Consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organization, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies
- Security considerations of cloud computing including data breaches, broken authentication, account misconfiguration, account hijacking, malicious insiders, third parties, APTs, data loss, and cloud security best practices
- Designing and deploying authentication and authorization for users and production systems
- Automation of security solutions
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Leadership experience for security projects involving multi-disciplined teams
- Broad knowledge across multiple domains including web applications, database technologies, server applications, storage applications, hardware engineering, business intelligence, test/QA engineering, deployment operations
- Deep knowledge in security engineering, security threat analysis
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks to the business appropriately
- Extensive knowledge of major security protocols and frameworks including PKI, SAML, OAuth, TLS, IPSec, VPN
- Extensive knowledge of security toolsets including key management systems, firewalls, muti-factor authentication, intrusion detection systems
- In-depth understanding of IT infrastructure and enterprise architectures including AD, LDAP, MFA
- Extensive knowledge in network security and related technologies including intrusion detection and prevention, WAF, NGFW, DMZ design, network segmentation, DDoS mitigation,
- Experience with various types of load balancing, host based firewalling techniques, application proxies
- Experience deploying, configuring, or administering cloud-based environments, with special attention to security
- Exceptional communication skills, especially with diverse audiences; excellent written skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership among peers through work in the open source community, blogging, speaking, or other thought leadership
- Development experience in Python, C++, and/or Java
- Strong proficiency in application threat modeling and experience in engineering mitigations
- Knowledge of automated attack tools and developing mitigation techniques
- Strong partnership with other business units and high business acumen as it relates to relaying and understanding security risks
- Extensive experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Team player who can get along with others both inside and outside the company
- S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant system, product, and/or network security experience
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Security patents, speaking at or participating in conferences, and teaching security skills
- Experience securing/operating large hardened Linux infrastructures
- Video gaming knowledge, experience, or hobby is a plus
- Enjoys working in an accomplishment-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Experience developing in distributed systems,
- Experience with Penetration Testing
- Energized by a dynamic environment that is responsive to the needs of our partners
- Hacker mindset and always strives to think like an attacker
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or equivalent
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.