PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Why work when you can play?
PlayStation Network is a one stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including movies, TV, apps, and music.
Manager, Business Operations & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA
As the Manager of the Business Operations & Analysis team, your main objective is to develop concrete business requirements and drive operational plans to deliver the business goals for Sony’s PlayStation content services across video, game services, and music. You are a natural operator in a global environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with multi-disciplined and multi-cultural colleagues. You will have extensive interaction with key stakeholders across multiple functional lines of management. You are an expert in managing dependencies, steering teams toward milestones, and collaborating across multiple stakeholders and global teams.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Operational Excellence
- Lead collection and analysis of operational data to assess trends for performance improvement initiatives.
- Develop, implement, educate, document, and continuously optimize business processes and practices to support global business operations.
- Partner with internal and external teams and stakeholders to clarify work sequencing to seamlessly enable feature/business launches and initiatives.
- Manage operational delivery of business initiatives.
- Requirements Analysis & Execution
- Manage global video business requirements. Take lead role in defining business requirements, facilitating stakeholder discussions to unearth core requirements, defining processes for requirements management, coordinating business prioritization and driving discussions to align business priorities.
- Interface with product development teams to clearly convey business requirements and provide insight into business rationale / benefits.
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee and stakeholder adoption of changes as a result of new tool or process changes.
- People Management
- Oversee personnel including contractors and consultants as necessary, approving time cards, performance reviews, etc.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience at a management consulting firm.
- 5+ years of prior experience in a related field (entertainment or e-commerce industry experience a plus).
- Self-starter and results-oriented.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Excellent business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Process oriented with demonstrated desire for driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment. Ability to effectively teach and train others.
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills. Confidence sharing (and defending) ideas in front of engineers, business leaders, and external partners.
- Keen ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion.
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and services offered.
- MBA from a top-tier program.
- 1-2+ years of post-MBA experience in a related field (entertainment or e-commerce).
- Multiple previous engagements or experience with high-growth technology companies. Demonstrated track record successfully managing ambitious strategic and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment, and technology industries.
- Experience working in a national or global company.
- Experience presenting to executive audiences.
- Foreign language skills would be helpful.
- Content operations knowledge preferred.
- Ability to understand ROI/business case analysis.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.