Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for an Audio Director to establish and build an audio experience that sets the bar for the PS4. This individual will work side by side with the Game, Narrative, Design, Art and Engineering Directors to provide a strong vision and direction for the game’s audio. You will partner with sound designers, audio implementers and production to ensure that all audio in the game meets the high quality bar for our next project.
In this role, you will direct our in-house audio designers and outsourcing partners to provide audio, VO and music assets for the game. You will become proficient with our proprietary game engine tools and production processes and help expand and establish new audio technology and tools. You will ensure that the final audio experience of the game is at the highest quality. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Work with other project directors to develop, maintain and execute the audio vision for the game.
- Establish quality requirements for the audio experience.
- Learn and maintain the set standard for all sound asset implementation (environmental, character and music) within the production path, as it relates to design, art and otherwise.
- Collaborate creatively with implementers to enhance the gameplay experience.
- Work with the Sound Designers to accomplish audio consistency and quality.
- Work with writers and narrative team to ensure VO and cut scene audio process is consistent and at high quality
- Participate and produce VO sessions
- Work with production to ensure that schedule is achievable and take appropriate steps to address problems as they arise
- Select and supervise external sound designers.
- Consistently evaluate the audio for the design assets being created for the game to ensure they reach the established quality bar.
- Oversee final mix for the game
- 7+ years of experience in audio for AAA games
- 2+ shipped games as Audio Lead or Director
- Passion for game audio and the drive to implement top-rated game sound.
- Work with Audio and Engineering staff to help expand audio tools or help establish new audio technologies that enhance the quality or the workflow pipeline.
- Ability to quickly become proficient with proprietary game engine tools and production processes.
- Working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with team members.
- Working knowledge of game engine and design tools, especially as they relate to sound.
- Experience working with external vendors and setting budgets and schedules with those resources
- Expertise with Wwise or other middleware and/or proprietary audio engines and tools.
- Possess strong time and team management skills.
- Must be friendly, assertive, open-minded and able to make quality driven decisions within a dynamic production environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.