PlayStation isn’t just the best place to play… it’s also the best place to work. With the launch of the original PlayStation in 1994, we set out to thrill gamers with amazing experiences. Our never-ending pursuit to push gaming to new heights is the reason we are recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. Under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation, the PlayStation brand and experience exists because of the passionate dedication of our team who work hard for everyone to play.
The Visual Arts Group, a passionate team within the PlayStation family, provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation’s studios all over the world. Always at the cutting edge of technology, Visual Arts works with studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studios, and more first-party teams. Our team is made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world, working with some of the best minds and companies around.
Our Animation team is currently working on one of PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises. We are looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative animators to breathe life into the next chapter of cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Expert knowledge of Maya for animation, both aesthetically and technically
- Able to work within the toolset and workflow for keyframe and/or motion capture production.
- Create in-game and pre-rendered animation according to the direction of the client and project.
- Able to create body and facial animation for human characters, along with animation for creatures, vehicles, props, and other assets to be integrated into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences.
- Deep understanding of character animation and movement.
- Capable of high quality, story-driven performance animation.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, management, production staff and peers on a daily basis.
- Understand, interpret and use feedback on all work from supervisors and clients alike to improve performances.
- Balance high expectations of performance with schedule and milestone requirements
- Contribute to a fun, creative, and collaborative atmosphere
- A strong team member, able to collaborate with a wide range of peers, leads, supervisors, producers, and management in an open working environment.
- Hands-on expertise in Maya.
- Keen understanding of animation production pipelines for character animation, motion capture animation, and technical animation.
- Must be a team player to work closely with multiple departments, including but not limited to members of Motion Capture, Rigging, Animation, Art, and Production teams.
- Possess strong aesthetics of character animation and movement.
- Ability to share work for feedback, and offer productive opinions while evaluating the work of others.
- Be open and available to creating a strong rapport with leads, supervisors, and technical artists to maintain and enhance data quality.
- Be flexible to changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures.
- Understanding of MotionBuilder.
- Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, thumbnailing, storyboarding, and animatics.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.