Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Concept Artist – Character
Come join the award winning God of War development team! Santa Monica Studio is looking for an experienced Senior Character Concept artist to help develop genre defining visuals delivered only on PlayStation. Come help us design a rich cast of characters and creatures steeped in story, mythology, mixed with strong historical detail and influences.
- Work with the Art Directors and Leads to create a high quality characters, gods, creatures, and props.
- Must be able to create character designs that are both visually strong while also supporting the gameplay and narrative needs.
- Possess the knowledge of design process through the creation of thumbnail, sketches, painting, model sheets, and production paintings.
- Is able to participate in meetings, brainstorming ideas, pitching concepts, and responding to feedback.
- Is comfortable receiving critiques and working under tight deadlines.
- Understands the fundamentals of character design and demonstrate a strong sense of anatomy (human and animal), silhouette, costume design, and visual story telling.
- Expert in the use of Photoshop/Painter as well as traditional painting and rendering techniques.
- Has experience taking designs from initial inception through to their final execution.
- Capable of working in an established art style.
- Strong communication skills and excels at working in a highly collaborative team atmosphere.
- Must have 6+ years of experience.
- Bachelor degree of equivalent training or skill set
- Art test may be required.
- 6+ years of game art production with credit on shipped AAA title.
- An advanced degree or professional certification requiring formal training (i.e. MBA, MFA, MA, MS)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.