PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
This position can be hybrid/in-studio from San Diego or fully remote for any animator who is currently in the United States or Canada.
3D Scan Artist
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts Group (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. For over two decades we have shared knowledge, support and ground breaking techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
If you are a 3D artist looking to join a talented team in a role that will allow you to learn and grow, we want to hear from you! As a 3D Scan Artist you will be using scan data to generate high quality art assets using your skills such as remeshing, sculpting, and texturing.
If you’ve been working with 4D scans we want to hear from you as soon as possible!
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic assets.
- Build, edit, and retoplogize 3d scan data.
- Sculpting in Zbrush to generate high resolution meshes.
- Creating textures using Photoshop and Zbrush/Mudbox/Mari.
- Work with production to follow schedules and deliver assets on time.
- Work with leads to ensure high level of quality.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in Zbrush, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Portfolio should show quality and ability to hit a photorealistic and believable look.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and surface properties.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies.
- Can to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Thrives working in a team environment.
- Experience using scan data and knowledge of photogrammetry.
- Previous console experience with a shipped title.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Experience with blendshapes.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.