Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Technical Designer
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Senior Technical Designer to create modular interactions and one-off scripted moments that set the bar for the PS4. This individual will work side-by-side with our Level Design, Systems Design, Combat Design and Engineering teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, workflow and implementation problems.
As Senior Technical Designer, you must possess the ability to collaborate effectively with design, art and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Work closely with the level design and gameplay teams to create mechanics, interactive objects, and set pieces.
- Solve challenging technical problems using creative and innovative ideas.
- Troubleshoot relentlessly, chasing down issues on behalf of the team.
- Create tools to optimize workflow and help the design team iterate more efficiently.
- Author complex scripted scenarios.
- Identify and solve technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final.
- Discover, define and share information and best practices across the team.
- The ideal candidate is part designer and part programmer.
- Experience with text-based scripting or programming languages.
- Experience with Maya.
- Experience creating tools and solving technical problems for design.
- Must have completed a Computer Science and/or related degree.
- Must be friendly, assertive, and team-oriented.
- 7+ years in game development. 3+ years in Technical Design role.
- Completed at least one full AAA development cycle.
- Experience designing and implementing puzzles or game scenarios preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.