Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
A Senior Producer is relied upon to manage and/or direct scheduling and the day to day production of internal and external groups. Responsibilities include collaborating with producers, creative leads, and studio managers to develop and maintain a specific discipline or project plan to determine resource, budget or schedule needs.
Manage the production of one of more discipline teams in all areas to include:
- Managing the production pipeline of a specific discipline or disciplines throughout all production phases
- Responsibility for specific phases or portions of the product development cycle from design through final approval
- Scheduling and maintaining day to day tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams. Partner with other producers to balance resource contention
- Managing development efforts to keep product development on schedule and within budget
- Planning and troubleshooting production resources with designs and scope forecasted
- Communicating between team members, outside developers, consultants and all inter-company resources
- Contribution to future product development needs such as enhancing creative relationships, guiding the development of new technologies, and evaluating competitive products
Manage and/or Direct the day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering. This would include:
- Breaking down large or complex projects into meaningful subprojects
- Assimilating diverse information and assessing the impact on each piece of the project as well as on the project as a whole, developing and implementing resolutions to issues that arise
- Identifying all groups that may be affected by the project, and involving them – actively soliciting their input and following up through execution
- Holding regular meetings with project teams and individuals to discuss status, resolve issues and share information
- Ensuring a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes
Contribute to current and future product development needs. This contribution would include:
- Maintaining and enhancing creative relationships with internal development team
- Partnering with team managers to deal with personnel issues and individual growth, such as meeting task expectations, as well as actively tasking individuals toward determined growth goals
- Participating in yearly performance review process, helping to gather feedback and compiling first pass written review under the supervision of team managers
- Maintaining and enhancing necessary processes and procedures for product development while coordinating with development team to ensure SIE company-wide policies are adhered to
- Contributing to the development of new theories and methodology. Using judgement within defined policies and practices, and anticipating change in order to direct or redirect efforts as needed
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 7+ years of industry experience in a product development environment
- Minimum 4 years as Producer on a 50 plus person team
- Experience producing for large scale, AAA game required
- Previous internal team production and team management experience desirable
- Two or more published titles considered a strength
- Familiarity with art, animation, level design and engineering production pipelines and software
- 4 year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set
- Ability to create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Proven experience producing and managing cross-functional creative development teams and resources to quality and schedule goals
- Familiarity with Agile techniques, including SCRUM or Kanban. CI-ACP, CSP, PMP or equivalent certification a plus
- Familiarity with traditional production management techniques
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking and bug database software
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Implementing projects in partnership with co-workers, developers and other SIE business units
- Ability to identify other business units with necessary technical knowledge and cultivate relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.