Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Santa Monica is seeking an Outsourcing Producer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games.
The Outsourcing Producer will be well-versed in project management methodologies, in addition to having a background in art and/or animation. The individual in this role will interface with vendors on a wide variety of outsourcing needs, work closely with internal leads and artists, and team with internal production to expand outsourcing efforts in the studio. The ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams to support the creative vision of the game is crucial.
- Review, provide feedback, and facilitate approval of the technical and artistic quality of assets from external vendors.
- Collaborate with internal team to build asset lists, specification documents, and proxies.
- Set up integration pipeline and integrate assets into engine as needed.
- Facilitate the flow of incoming and outgoing assets to the appropriate groups.
- Provide technical support for internal tools and processes to external vendors.
- Manage additional outsourcing artists.
- Assist Senior Producers in maximizing efficiencies, anticipating bottlenecks, and growing outsourcing pipeline.
- Exhibit pragmatic long view with an eye to driving pipeline improvements. Stay on top of industry trends, explore new tools, and make recommendations.
- 3 – 5 years of professional industry experience with at least one AAA title shipped.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable ability to work with internal and external production structures.
- Well-versed in the latest artist workflows, tools, and pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Z Brush, and basic Photoshop.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and texturing in character, environment, and concept art.
- Previous experience working with external vendors required; a vast network of established vendor relationships is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience directing external teams.
- Experience in physically based rendering.
- Art direction experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.