Sony PlayStation has an opening for a IT Specialist, in our Creative Department. This role is responsible for supporting the technical needs of the our Creative, Design, Events, and Video group. This candidate will be working with a variety of team members, including: Designers, CG Artists, Editors, Producers, Project Managers, Digital Asset Managers, and IT. They will assist and provide guidance for the technical and production needs for the teams. This role supports creative groups who produce content that will be seen around the world by millions of fans. The role requires the ability to change gears quickly and support teams working against tight deadlines. If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. Please note, this is a long term contract role, with possibility of extension.
Essential Creative Support Responsibilities:
- Assist CG, Video Production, and Designers with production issues such as software debugging and project related issues
- Scripting new tools and maintaining past scripts as necessary
- Providing technical support across all teams (software, license, plugin)
- Act as a support liaison between end users and vendors (Adobe, Thinkbox, Autodesk, etc)
- Work with IT on UAT for department specific software and plugins
Essential IT Responsibilities:
- Setup and upgrade of computer systems
- Physical setup of new computer systems and new users
- Troubleshoot computer issues with minimal end-user interruption
- Testing new software and plugins before deployment to end-users
- Create and maintain internal department documentation
- Create and update internal department documentation as necessary
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience in a support role for creative teams, such as VFX, Animation, Game Industry, etc.
- VFX & Animation background with IT Support experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications desired (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, Media Encoder)
- Familiar with the VFX pipeline a plus
- Experience with VFX applications (Maya, Nuke, Cinema 4D)
- Experience with render farms, Deadline preferred
- Working knowledge of Linux, Mac, and Windows
- A familiar understanding of network, storage, and IT practices
- Programming experience, Python preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Time management skills; Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Support role requires 24/7 on call capabilities
- Ability to work late nights and weekends as required
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.