Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.
We are seeking a Senior Staff User Interface Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in programming the tools and engine of the Days Gone user interface on the target platform and game engine.
- Key contributor to the development of the tools and runtime codebase necessary to produce a cutting edge user interface.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the UI tools, engine, and data pipeline codebases. Facilitate communication and enable early identification of issues to ensure efficient and effective production of UI assets.
- Analyze incoming feature requests and maintain a roadmap of feature rollout.
- Interface with stakeholders, liaise between team members, and drive collaborative projects.
- Provide input into the technical design and the vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. Ensure products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game’s design.
- Independently undertake research prior to the commencement of a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to management.
- Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Capable of resolving a range of highly complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members. This will include the ability to explain themselves in writing and using a variety of audio visual aids.
- Actively maintaining skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles considered a strength.
- S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Proven demonstration of C++ skills, software architecture, and design.
- Extensive UI Design/User Experience portfolio.
- Experience designing and building at least one large, complex UI.
- Experience in the UE4 UI tools and engine codebase preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.