PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios is the game development division of Sony PlayStation, and is responsible for developing some of the most recognisable and ambitious console games and franchises on PlayStation, including The Last of Us, Horizon, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, and Gran Turismo.
We work with some of the best game studios in the world, and use data to help them make their games even better. We provide end-to-end analytics services for PlayStation Studios and use data to help them in the game development lifecycle. We are looking for talented people to join us in pushing the boundaries of game analytics for PlayStation games.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you’ll work alongside our high-performing data engineering team within the Game Analytics Department. You will have line management responsibilities within the team but also have the opportunity to do technical work in a hands-on capacity. You’ll bring technical experience and insight to the table and help the team navigate difficult trade-offs and pursue the right opportunities.
In your first six months, you will work on new title launches, build features into our data pipelines and take on line management for existing and new team members. Through development tasks for yourself and the team, there will be the opportunity to drive forward and impact our technology roadmap. You’ll also start to take on line management responsibilities for our data engineering team, through 1:1 meetings, mentoring, coaching and performance reviews. As the team grows, this role will become increasingly focused on strategic decision making and line management, but there will still be the opportunity to write a little code. We aim to create a supportive, nurturing environment for the team, with a commitment to individual growth and well-being of the team members.
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Programming experience with Python, Go, or similar languages
- Experience with high-level system design, data-pipelines, and machine learning or information-retrieval engineering teams
- Ability to work with technical leads to set long-term technical direction as the Game Analytics platform continues to evolve
- Several years of production experience in a lead or technical management role
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience collaborating with engineering leaders, product managers
- Bonus points for:
- experience with analytics engines such as Spark, Athena, Redshift
- experience building API services and/or building on serverless technologies (Lambda, Glue)
- a degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- experience delivering large technical projects in cloud-based environments (AWS)
- familiarity with AAA game development and modern console games
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
“Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights”
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.