PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Job Title: Account Manager, Japan/Asia Accounts
Location: London (Hybrid)
Role Overview:You will be managing select key Japanese and Asian Publishers and report into the Manager of Global Account Management and work across teams to define and deliver agreed upon commercial and strategic objectives in the territory, and globally as required. Partner happiness is key, and as a primary point of contact for Partner’s regional teams, you will champion trusted and preferred Partner relationships. You are an evangelist for PlayStation, with the knowledge and ability to promote all aspects of the business and platform, discovering new opportunities and driving the business forward.
You will provide territory expertise, advising on topics including local legal and regulatory requirements, commercial standard methodology and specific territory opportunities and nuances. You will also maintain a network of key internal and external contacts across the territory to ensure activities can be executed effectively. Working collaboratively across SIE cross-functional teams, you ensure a smooth process for publishing the Partner’s content and are the first point of contact for multiple teams internally and externally, with the ability to understand and find resolution for all issues that may impact the Partner’s business with SIE.
While this Account Manager will be responsible to execute on a regional level, as part of the Global Account Management Team, the Account Manager will be part of the larger Global Team and Business and ultimately will be responsible for the success of the Partners’ global business. We are looking for an Account Manager that can support and bring impact to the global business for our Partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the day-to-day business activity and overall health of the Partner(s), being the main contact for the Partner(s) and SIE internal departments for business queries, and first point of partner concern for content pipeline and other operational or technical situations that have business impact.
- You'll own and practically implement agreed Joint Business Plan initiatives and Commercial activities with Partner(s). Act as contact for Partner and SIE internal teams for execution of related activities.
- Ensure internal teams are aligned to deliver and support key content and initiatives.
- Identify and execute upon local activities with partner content. Align with global account team to ensure regional activations match global objectives, and there are consistent communications and service to the Partner(s). Where there are regional variances, ensure these are identified and understood by all parties.
- Where applicable, ensure that partnership contractual requirements are adhered to by SIE and the Partner(s).
- You'll lead product release and lifecycle planning with internal departments and the Partner(s).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Partner’s portfolio, strategy, and forecasts.
- Identify business opportunities across Partner’s portfolio and live services.
- Develop critical metrics and conduct performance analysis for key content and initiatives.
- Communicate business, platform, and policy updates to Partners.
- Facilitate data analysis requests internally and externally when internal tools are not available.
- Lead business / policy / platform critical issues and waivers through operational and technical channels (Product Management Team, Finance, DevNet etc.), and identify and resolve operational / process challenges that impact revenue and Partner relationships.
- Work with the Partner and internal teams to deliver physical and digital standard methodology across the whole product lifecycle.
- Identify and deliver content suitable for specific platform activity and campaigns (PS Plus, etc.).
- Identify Partner content to drive a PlayStation message and point of difference.
- Assist with the facilitation of Partner’s participation at PlayStation PR / media events.
- Assist with bundle planning, execution, and tracking.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, or commensurate relevant experience.
- Proven years in external partner facing position (e.g., sales, account management, business partner relations) within the video game industry.
- Experience working with and selling to large, complex global organisations with highly matrixed teams.
- Communication, presentation, and relationship management skills at all levels.
- Negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Regional market expertise with commercial acumen and critical thinker
- Data literate and globally minded
- Fluent with Microsoft Office & Salesforce.
- Enterprise analytics packages (i.e. Snowflake, Lumos, Domo, etc.) a bonus
- Nice to Have – Fluent in Japanese, Chinese, or Korean (for negotiations, Partner communications, internal communications)
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.