PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Manager, UX Design
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We're on the hunt for an exceptional Manager, UX Design who will elevate the UX discipline for our product and studio. Are you a positive manager and hands on contributor who can drive the creation of top-notch experiences for our players while demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities? In this role, empower your team while working alongside the creative director and craft leads to develop the UX vision and strategy for products in development. You'll be responsible for evangelizing your team's vision across the studio and encouraging the team through UX principles, best practices, and strategies.
- Must Have recent, professional game development experience. Preferably AAA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Game Design, UX Design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or psychology.
- 7-10 years of senior experience in UX roles within the video game industry or related fields, with leadership experience.
- Excellent management and communication skills, able to inspire team members, and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with in-game UI design processes and tools, and coordinating the creation of UI/UX deliverables. Proprietary engine experience is a plus.
- Commitment to inclusive design and fostering diverse talent within the team.
- Proficiency in agile methodologies and fundamental UX and technical design principles.
- A holistic approach to design, with an ability to iterate effectively.
- Skill in translating analytical findings into actionable insights for decision-making.
- Passion for user-centered design solutions and educating others about them.
- Familiarity with a variety of popular gaming models.
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for the latest trends in the gaming industry.
- Willingness to support the team with hands-on contributions when necessary.
- Lead and articulate the product UX vision to leadership, team, and the wider organization while ensuring user-centric, high-quality experiences.
- Mentor the team, providing management and coaching, and collaborate with studio leadership on recruitment and development.
- Champion accessibility in design and maintain a comprehensive, growing knowledge base.
- Nurture collaborative relationships with stakeholders, troubleshoot interdepartmental workflow issues, and uphold high standards for all UI.
- Manage task prioritization within the team and self to meet deadlines and respect technical constraints, while also refining the team’s tools and pipelines.
- Collectively interpret player behaviors and needs to enhance the gaming experience.
- Convey experience design through user stories, flow charts, user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively illustrate user needs.
- Encourage UX best practices across the studio.
- If you're passionate about creating incredible player experiences and possess the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and portfolio.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.