PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Global Social Media Lead who is interested in applying their skills to help bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players with our forthcoming PVP multiplayer FPS, Concord. As Global Social Media Lead within Firewalk’s embedded marketing and communications team, you will aid in defining, developing, and executing against strategies for acquiring and retaining players through holistic, high-impact social media campaigns, as well as the ongoing operation of both Firewalk and Concord franchise social platforms. You will work cross-functionally with development stakeholders, global publishing teams, and external agency partners to develop engaging, thoughtfully crafted social content that is informed by a keen understanding of our IP, global player audience, the evolving social media landscape, and data-backed sentiment and engagement metrics.
WHO YOU ARE
- Player-focused and committed to cultivating a healthy, inclusive, diverse, and highly engaged audience of millions of players around the world.
- An experienced digital marketer or communications professional that is passionate about both the creative opportunity and data science of social media.
- An expert in leading and emergent social media networks, acutely aware of platform-specific tools, features, formats, standards, user behaviors, and best practices.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and able to identify, define, and manage projects from inception through execution.
- An effective and empathetic collaborator that cares deeply about fostering strong cross-functional relationships and healthy teams.
- Proactive and able to communicate clearly, concisely, and timely with a wide array of stakeholders and contributors working on-site, remote, and across the globe.
- Adept at balancing long-term planning with day-to-day tasks and emergent issues.
- Excited about honing your craft, expanding your skills, and continually improving process.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Partner with studio, PlayStation, and agency marketing teams to plan, develop, and execute best-in-class social media campaigns for Concord franchise social media accounts.
- Coordinate with global PlayStation social media teams and agencies to ensure consistency, brand authenticity, and holistic integration across all platforms, paid campaigns, and organic content.
- Oversee and directly manage studio social media platforms, inclusive of developing editorial calendars, drafting copy, facilitating asset development, content publishing, performance monitoring, 1:1 user engagement, reviewing analytics, and generating reports.
- Assess and inform current and future staffing and resource needs, helping scale global social media strategies and capabilities to meet the evolving needs of the studio, the project, and our players.
- Work closely with development support, player enforcement, and community teams to understand game health, develop proactive or reactive social messaging, and aid in crisis communications.
- Establish efficient social media content development pipelines and publishing workflows
- Collaborate with community and influencer teams on creator engagement and amplification opportunities and programs.
- Define social media performance metrics for campaigns and organic content, provide real-time and post-mortem analysis of those in-flight, and recommend areas for improvement.
- Spearhead the ideation and execution of social tactics, creative, and copy that will excite and engage players, support channel growth, and awareness.
- Contribute to regular holistic reporting on brand and game health, by providing qualitative and quantitative analysis of sentiment, conversation volume, and engagement.
- 5+ years of experience working in social media marketing for gaming brands, studios, or publishers preferred
- Proficient in enterprise-level social media publishing and analytics tools, such as Sprinklr, Khoros, Talkwalker, Spiketrap, etc.
- Experience working with integrated and agency creative services teams
- Experience with leading digital and social media and creating platform-specific strategies, specifically Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, YouTube, and Twitch
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.