PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
ML Software Engineer
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s (SIE) Global Payment, Fraud Management and Decision Science (GPFD) teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
GPFD runs a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation Network customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now. In doing so, the ability to extract information from data and drive action that help achieve business goals is essential. GPFD’s data science team is responsible for evaluating online user activity data for potential fraud and revenue optimization across this platform, and the engineering team empowers them. We are looking for an engineer to join our GPFD team to support this data science platform.
The position is a hands-on engineering role with a wide range of responsibilities to evolve and support a machine learning pipeline. You should be intimately familiar with running applications at scale on modern cloud architectures using containerized and serverless workflows. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Create, deploy, and maintain cloud solutions using AWS
- Build core infrastructure around data streaming and enhancement
- Build and enhance our machine learning pipeline to support development, experimentation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, verification/validation, and monitoring of ML models
- Ensure all work is deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Ensure highest levels of service availability
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience with Java and Python
- Competency with most common AWS Services - EKS/ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, and more
- Knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics including using tools such as DataDog, Splunk, New Relic, AWS CloudTrail, etc.
- General knowledge in Linux
- Strong communication abilities to work with cross functional teams
- Experience with orchestration and management of containers using Kubernetes or similar.
- AWS certification
- Basic knowledge of data science and data science workflows
- Experience with streams/queues at internet scale – Kinesis/Kafka/ActiveMQ/SQS
- Experience successfully implementing data pipelines
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.