PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe’s (SIEE) Global Payment, Fraud and Decision Science (GPFD) teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation Network. We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
GPFD runs a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation Network customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now. In doing so, the ability to extract information from data and drive action that help achieve business goals is essential. We are looking for an engineering manager to help grow and lead our team.
You will contribute to the product roadmap, technology, and vision while creating a culture of quality and operational excellence in the group. Demonstrate strong technical leadership and leverage your years of hands-on technical engineering experience to hold the organization to a high standard of technical excellence. Assist other engineers in designing solutions, prioritizing work items, estimating urgency and business impact, and balancing short-term and long-term results.
What you'll be doing:
- Coach, manage, hire, and mentor a team of ml engineers
- Help foster an engineering culture with an exceedingly high bar for quality, ownership, and bias for action
- Ensure clearly defined outcomes to measure individual performance
- Continually tune the team software process to deliver a sustainable and seamless flow of value
- Share updates and work outputs with the broader organization
- Facilitate collaboration between geographically dispersed teams (USA, London, Brussels)
- Local office administrative tasks (facilities, pay, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to help in prioritization and negotiation of business priorities vs technical complexities
- Use cloud technologies to provide robust solutions and learn new tools/systems as they emerge
What we're looking for:
- Proven track record of building and leading high performing engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience in software development, Java/Python preferred
- 2+ years as a development/engineering manager
- Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environments
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, Computer Science is desirable
- Deep technical experience with transactional data technologies such as DynamoDB, RDS, Cassandra, Aerospike, Oracle, etc., in a highly available enterprise environment
- Solid experience with data processing, pipelines, and data warehouses
- Experience with automation, configuration management, enterprise schedulers
- Experience working with data scientists to deliver real time decisions
- Familiar with running applications at scale on modern cloud architectures using containerized and serverless workflows
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.