PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior AI Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA title.
We are seeking a Senior AI Programmer who will architect and implement game engine code systems that are used for the creation and development of a game application. This will involve writing game code systems for the use of the animation and/or design teams for handling the creative aspects of and AI development.
- Key contributor to the development of technology as well as systems and tools that support game design needs. This includes, but is not limited to game logic, character behaviors, navigation, state-based animations selection or motion systems, scripting support, combat systems, entities systems, sound support, debugging support.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the game design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborates with the production team to develop all aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Provides input into the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game design.
- Maintains a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule, and game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicates updates and concerns to their manager.
- Manages requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintains skill set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Strong 3d Math Skills.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms, and methodologies, including Behavior Trees and other modern AI methods.
- A wide range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, and all related gameplay systems)
- Minimum 3 years industry experience creating AI for AAA game development.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Multiplayer experience a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.