PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Program Manager
San Diego, CA
About The Role:
PlayStation Global Program Management Office drives delivery of highly impactful program solutions worldwide. We are looking for passionate program managers to grow our team together to the next chapter after the successful PS5 launch!
You will bring to bear your expertise to deliver complex programs by demonstrating excellent planning, execution, partner, risk and dependency management skills. You will be hands on to tackle challenges, an advocate and the biggest supporter for the program organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple strategic and complex cross-regional, cross-functional initiatives with multi-level dependencies.
- Collaborate with development teams to develop full program plans including timelines, dependencies, risk factors, success criteria, and outcomes, while keeping them energized and focused on delivering priority programs
- Partner closely with Engineering and Senior Leadership to drive programs strategically
- Understand strategy, objectives, priority and goals and translate into tactical execution plans
- Identify, understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies
- Build strategic and tactical models and processes for programs
- Anticipate and remove obstacles proactively and effectively
- Ensure clear communication for status reporting, issues and challenges to leadership, relevant partners, and team members
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to optimize productivity
- Build a strong cohesive program team and create a fun and collaborative environment that cultivates creativity, innovation, and learning
- 5+ years of program management experience with software development and delivery at scale
- Consistent track record of managing schedules, scope, budgets, resource plans, issues, risks, communications, quality/testing plans, and release plans of complex programs
- Bachelor’s degree, technical education and/or work experience in technical domain
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and an ability to understand technology, designs, challenges and risks
- Proven understanding of software lifecycle, release processes, and iterative development practices
- Expertise in driving software development programs that involve integrating work of multiple technology (server and client) teams from inception to delivery to internal / external customers
- Experience in leading complex, business-critical programs with dependencies across multiple teams to include Product Management, User Experience, Legal, Marketing and other business teams
- Experience creating and delivering executive-level summary reports and presentations
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Strong decision-making skills
- Experience in initiating and driving process improvements
- Excel in conflict resolution, collaboration, and people management
- Expertise with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Trello, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams, etc)
- Experience in a high-transaction network-based services, video gaming industry or social media
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: video gaming, social, data platforms, trust & safety, monetization, digital commerce, partner management, portfolio management, process implementation, mobile, and/or web development
- Experience working with globally-distributed teams and multicultural working environments
- Understanding of Japanese language and culture
- Hands on experience across more than one development process across waterfall and agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc)
- Passionate about Video Gaming
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.