PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead/Senior Game Designer
US – San Mateo or Remote
We are looking for a Lead/Senior Game Designer to lead PlayStation’s mobile game projects. Joining a small but quickly growing team, you will wear many hats and contribute to the nascent culture for mobile game design at PlayStation Studios while championing the efforts across the company.
You come from a background in free-to-play mobile game design, with a proven track record and a deep passion for the gaming industry. You are creative, organized, analytical and possess the ability to create fun and compelling player experiences.
- Support game design for internal projects and provide consultation for projects with external partners on mobile F2P systems, economy management and retention features
- Work with game designers from PlayStation Studios and external partner studios to ensure the quality of design and brand integrity.
- Provide support to development partners across a broad range of functions, including production, product management and live operations
- Contribute to PlayStation Studios Mobile’s strategy by conducting market analysis, competitive intelligence and defining mobile games culture
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Lead/Senior Game designer in the free-to-play mobile space, with a proven track record of building and running successful games
- Experience across the game development life cycle, from concept to launch and live operations
- Experience working in economy design, retention features and engagement improvements in F2P mobile games
- Effective collaborator with developers from other disciplines, along with willingness to lead focused multidisciplinary efforts
- Strong passion for games and knowledgeable about core mobile games and gaming industry trends
- Excellent organizational, communications and negotiation skills
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.