PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Corporate Strategy
San Mateo, CA / Hybrid
The Director of Corporate Strategy is a dynamic leader and cross-functional collaborator, with experience building bridges and influencing across a global organization. Within Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), this will be a highly visible role and in partnership with the VP of Corporate Strategy, this person will be tasked with painting a compelling picture of the future of SIE and bringing others along the journey. This person will have the ability to develop a strong point of view, combined with the openness to evolving their perspective based on new data and information.
This person is a collaborative team player and also an independent thinker, comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates a bias towards action, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Strong interpersonal skills are critical as this person needs to quickly come up to speed on the Sony ecosystem and build trust and relationships across the organization. Since SIE is a vast, global organization, this person will have experience with and understand the important cultural nuances of working in such an environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or related roles
- A clear passion for gaming and/or content, media, entertainment, technology. Deep knowledge of online communities
- Structured quantitative and qualitative approach to solving problems
- Direct experience with scenario planning, strategic discussion workshops and/or war-gaming exercises.
- A demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and across functions including business, technology corporate functions, and other partners
- The ability to develop a point of view and bring others along, while remaining open minded; this person can be an active participant in a healthy debate
- Collaboration skills and the ability to influence and mobilize teams around common goals
- Experience attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse team
- Demonstrated tenacity and patience to overcome any potential challenges to drive change
- An entrepreneurial attitude that is goal oriented and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distill complex ideas into simple, clear messages
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for understanding the fundamental drivers of business success and competitive advantage
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic and ability to handle confidentiality
- Global experience; A cross culture sensitivity combined with an ability to bridge cultural gaps
- Driven to help define and build the vision for the future of gaming!
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.