PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Location: Aliso Viejo or San Mateo
At PlayStation, we’re leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what’s possible! And we invite you to use your skills, time, and passion on projects that are building the future. We’re looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, intelligent, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager at PlayStation, you will lead projects developing new hardware and software technology for Game Platform R&D.
- You will influence teams that craft, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve critical hardware platforms and software systems.
- Work closely with key partners in gathering requirements, identifying risks, lead schedules, and communicate the status across.
- Lead internal and external development teams to define project milestones, schedules, deliverables, and the progress of various projects.
- Manage short and long-term cross-team execution planning and team roadmap.
- Drive complex Game Platform R&D hardware and software development initiatives through multi-functional coordination and communications to deliver program outcomes.
- Identify and remove impediments, continuously improve processes, and proactively assist the engineering teams to meet objectives by reducing operational friction.
- Lead several technical programs for Game Platform R&D, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams, ensuring success metrics are advising future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
- Problem solving within fast-paced and constantly evolving environments, with the ability to bring order to ambiguous scenarios.
- Develop and launch products that require collaboration between internal cross-functional tech teams and external partner teams.
- Create and own communication plans for communicating program status, timeline, challenges, and risks to partners effectively and proactively.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Technical Project Management running hardware and software projects
- Ability to influence teams remotely working with globally distributed teams and travel to collaborate when necessary
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in EE, CS or CE
- Strong working experience with modern Project Management tools (Atlassian suite preferred), Agile and Scrum methodologies in leading technical projects
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM certifications
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning/AI/Computer Vision new product development
- Experience with computer architecture
- Japanese business language skills highly desired
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.