PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Mobile Engineering
PlayStation Studios is looking for a Director, Mobile Engineering for the PlayStation Studios Mobile org. In this position, you will build the central engineering support service for mobile, which will help bring our games to market.
Together with the mobile group leadership you will translate business needs and product vision into operational strategies, capable of supporting efforts for internal, acquired and partner studios bringing our world class IP to mobile.
You will liaise with the larger PlayStation central services and the SONY Interactive platform teams to identify ways to leverage existing tools, technology, and teams for mobile. Where gaps arise, you will help identify, evaluate, and propose solutions, either externally – working with vendors, partners and supporting M&A efforts – or internally, by hiring and developing the best talent to build a nimble, highly efficient team capable of delivering the required support to make best in class mobile games.
- Define the vision for central mobile engineering support through collaboration with PlayStation Studios and SONY Interactive partners
- Collaborate with the SONY Interactive and PlayStation Studios orgs to define clear areas of partnership and areas of ownership for mobile products
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical peers through SONY Interactive and PlayStation Studios fostering a culture of knowledge sharing across organizations
- Create and action on technical and operational strategies that are supportive of and consistent with the wider PlayStation Studios Mobile vision & product strategy
- Identify gaps in existing mobile publishing capabilities, and define strategy to solve for them, including supporting M&A efforts, external vendor assessment and internal hiring and building
- Provide services to improve game studios' development efficiency in building their mobile games and operating their live services
- Together with the Production and Product Management leaders, define vision for central mobile organization
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the software engineering space with cross related experience with product management and high-level architecture
- 4+ years leading impactful engineering teams across different regions
- Expert leader with a passion for developing others and experienced at creating and executing on a tech strategy
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.