PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Currently working on PlayStation’s well-known and well-loved franchises, our Asset Art team in PlayStation Studios Malaysia is looking for talented, highly-motivated and creative Lead Asset Artist to breathe life into the next chapter of in-game and cinematic storytelling.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
- Provide feedback and direction to artists via documentation and communications, at all stages of asset production to ensure artistic and technical quality are met.
- Able to cope with multiple asset creation pipelines, and adjust to different techniques dealing with different game engines’ requirements.
- Track and maintain a good timeline schedule, keep records and able to adapt to production needs and communicate with the supervisor to meet the project’s goals.
- Coach and mentor artists to achieve the highest quality artwork and individual growth.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Experiences and Skills:
- Minimum 8+ years of asset production or relevant experience with 5+ years of it in a lead/senior artist role.
- Has worked on at least one AAA title as a team lead.
- Experienced in working with external outsource vendors (OS).
Additional and Bonus Skills:
- Excellent foundation skills, including composition, design, and colour theory.
- Strong traditional painting skills.
- Ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized.
- Capability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
- Strong PBR texturing experiences using Photoshop, Substance Painter and familiar with ZBrush and high poly sculpting.
- Understanding technical and artistic aspects of lighting and its technical requirements.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.