PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We seek a Senior Software Engineer to work as part of a global team creating and maintaining debug and test tools. These tools help QA teams and game developers to automate, script and run both interactive and automated tests of games in development by internal PlayStation Studios. The tools are used for running and coordination of tests on PlayStation platforms as well as on PC. They include systems for input simulation, input recording and playback, remote access and remote control as well as management, coordination and monitoring of multiple test targets.
The PlayStation Studios Tools and Technology Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation’s game and platform development. We work on debug analysis tools such as crash reporting, test automation and video streaming technology as well as platform tools such as compilers and file IO & compression hardware and software. Some of our tech is widely used by every PlayStation developer worldwide, and we work especially closely with game teams inside the PlayStation Studios family!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain tools using C# and Java
- Perform testing and bug fixing
- Create and maintain internal tests & external documentation
- Gather and document requirements from external teams
- Perform code reviews
- Assist with hiring and training/mentoring of new staff
Required Skills and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years’ professional experience with C#, Java and/or C++
- Creating tools for Windows in C# using .NET framework 4.7 or later
- Experience working with version control system platforms such as GitHub
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to build, collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships
- Attention to detail, organization skills, and strong work ethic
- WPF Experience
- Writing and debugging TCP/UDP networking code
- Proven experience working at a senior level and getting up to speed quickly with a large unfamiliar codebase
- Video streaming protocols and compression formats
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and practices
- Working in an agile project environment
- Understanding of or direct exposure to game development practices
- Broad interest in the games industry
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.