PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior 3D Scan Artist (Contract)
Remote, United States
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
Sony PlayStation Studios Visual Arts Services Group provides world-class content and development support for our game development partners. Our team exists at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and technicians. For over two decades we have shared knowledge, support and industry leading techniques to support the worlds leading developers including Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, San Diego Studio, Insomniac Games and many more!
If you are an artist looking to join a talented team in a role that will allow you to learn and grow at this exciting convergence of artistry and technical skill, please keep reading. The role will be a member on a team capturing and leveraging scan data to generate high quality art assets. Using skills such as remeshing, sculpting, and texturing to make the next generate of game art. Visual Arts is a dynamic environment setting the standard for art and animation in the interactive industry and we are seeking individuals who want to growth with us in seeking to exceed the standard.
- Build, edit, and retoplogize 3D/4D scan data
- Use modeling and texturing ability to create photorealistic assets
- Sculpting in Zbrush to generate high resolution meshes
- Creating textures using Photoshop and Zbrush/Mudbox/Mari
- Work with Departmental leads to identify and execute highest quality
- Work with Studio Production and Scan Team to achieve production schedules
- Collaborate with Capture and Art teams to identify, execute on opportunities to continuously improve 3D and 4D capture and post processing techniques
- Participate in research and development, testing latest tools technologies for 3D and 4D Scan post processes to promote the highest possible quality
- Serve as mentor for other artists
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with photogrammetry pipeline and asset creation
- Familiarity with AGISoft, Reality Capture and industry standard processing software
- Proficient in Zbrush, Maya, and Photoshop
- Portfolio should show quality and ability to hit a photorealistic and believable look
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and surface properties
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills, thrives working in a team environment.
- Clearly communicate updates and voice concerns to the appropriate team members and manager(s)
- Capable of resolving a range of complex artistic developments for both artists as well as other team members
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Interest in workflow pipelines and willing to collaborate process to improve efficiency, quality or both.
- Familiarity with FACS scanning and providing support and oversight during scan sessions
- Interest in technical pipeline development
- Previous console experience with a shipped title
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine
- Experience with Character art and/or blendshapes processes and dependencies
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.