PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fuelled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform. In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
For our studio in Utrecht, Netherlands, we’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled Senior Optimization Programmer that can support our teams for upcoming AAA titles.
- Own optimization challenges on the project both on CPU and GPU.
- Prioritize optimization challenges with leadership.
- Support the developers on the team with optimization challenges.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent understanding of optimization techniques on both CPU and GPU.
- Excellent debugging and profiling skills.
- Excellent understanding of code performance and complexity.
- Able to work in an environment with deadlines and milestones.
- Able to write well-structured, readable and maintainable code.
- Fluent in C/C++ and other applicable programming languages.
- Function well working in a team and on a large code base.
- Communicates with directness/candour and is adept at conflict resolution.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 7(+) years programming experience in the game industry or a related industry
- (Native) Dutch speaker.
- Up to date knowledge of the current graphics APIs such as DirectX 12.
- Experience with console programming.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.