PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior FX Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior FX Artist, specializing in destruction, who will work with the Art Director, VFX Supervisor, and FX team to create consistent, high quality, and performant in-game and cinematic visual FX. The Senior FX Artist will help set department standards, troubleshoot technical issues, and participate in FX department tool development.
- Creation of destruction FX across all areas of the game which set the industry leading standard, with an emphasis on rigid body dynamics, pyro simulations, and particle effects.
- Collaborate with the project Art Director and Lead FX Artist to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- Research and Develop new FX solutions, visually and technically.
- Work with your team to troubleshoot FX related issues in a timely manner and maintain your implementations throughout production.
- Work with graphics engineers to improve upon existing technologies and develop new ones that raise the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Work with and mentor junior FX Artists.
- 5+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games and/or film.
- Proficiency in fluid, particle, and rigid body simulations to create realistic FX in 3d packages such as Houdini, Maya, or 3dsMax.
- Portfolio of realistic, high quality FX work.
- Experience with large scale and complex destruction simulations in film or games.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work.
- A deep comprehension of how real-time VFX influences performance and how to maintain visual standards while supporting game-play.
- Experience with a scripting or programming language
- Experience using popular game engines
- Experience building and maintaining FX tools/Rigs
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.