PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Staff R&D Engineer, Facial Realism Technology at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Sony PlayStation Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) provides content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. Our team is passionate about crafting the next generation of digital humans. We’ve been pushing the limits of realistic humans in games for the last 15 years and are at the forefront of the newest technology in gaming.
We seek research engineers in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Advanced Computer Graphics to help develop solutions that will advance our facial performance capture. If you’re ready to join an elite R&D team working on the future technology of AAA games like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man, and more, please apply!
- Develop functional prototypes to advance production technology and tools for human performance capture i.e. character creation, motion capture, software development, facial tracking and solving, face and body scanning.
- Collaborate with Sony R&D and technology groups.
- Take prototypes from Sony R&D groups and make them into production ready tools.
- Recommend improvements to existing technology.
- Test and maintain tools to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Effectively communicate across multiple teams to include; R&D, Engineering, Art, Mocap, Scanning, & Animation.
- Create clear user documentation and develop functioning prototypes.
- Demonstrate high quality results using examples of real world production data.
- Min. of 5yrs professional R&D experience in Visual Effects, Animation, and/or Game industries.
- Understanding of facial (facial anatomy a plus) and human performance capture process, tools and pipelines.
- High level of problem-solving
- Research experience in computer vision, computer graphics, machine vision, or image/video processing.
- Strong math and algorithm design skills.
- Strength in C++ programming, Python, Object Oriented Design, Maya
- Sophisticated verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Masters or PhD a plus.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.