PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Configuration Build / DevOps Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Are you a motivated and detail-oriented individual who enjoys making technology work for highly productive teams? If so, we have a phenomenal career opportunity! We seek an experienced build and release engineer with deep experience in DevOps and Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment at enterprise scale. You will work with Dev/QA teams to build and innovate on the infrastructure and systems for testing and shipping PlayStation's leading software and hardware. Come join us to deliver the best gaming experience to millions of PlayStation players!
- Design, deploy and manage CI/CD systems (primarily Jenkins).
- Integrate source control systems and automated test frameworks.
- Configure build and test infrastructure on multiple platforms including Windows, Linux, PlayStation development hardware, virtual machines and containers.
- Diagnose problems in continuous delivery pipelines and setup real-time alerts. Collect/report/visualize logs, metrics, performance data.
- Streamline deployments for multiple projects across different software branches and sandbox environments.
- Collaborate with Engineers and QA to understand the development cycles and deliver innovative DevOps solutions based on the team’s needs.
- Minimum four years professional experience in DevOps, Build and Release Engineering, or Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
- Expert level experience with Jenkins, Python and Groovy scripting.
- Being able to debug failures occur in C++ projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently with multi-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with version control using SVN, git, Perforce including branching and merging of large code bases.
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with time-series metric database, logging and analytics tools; e.g. SQL, Loggly, Grafana.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.