PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. This is your opportunity to work closely with game and film industry professionals from all over the world and under one roof!
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
Why work when you can play? This is life at PlayStation!
Senior Character Rigging Artist
We are looking for a Senior Character Rigging Artist who has experience with Maya rigging/scripting, along with a strong understanding of human anatomy and realistic deformation. You will work with our multi-award winning team while working with AAA Worldwide Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
If you like to be hands-on and have the effective communication skills to ensure output from the rigging team is executed efficiently, timely, and meet our technical and animation requirements, we want to talk to you!
- Set up and maintain character (humans & animals) rigs and systems.
- Work with art group to develop models that meets technical
- Work with animation group to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy
- animation/gameplay needs.
- Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance
- Collaborate with TDs in on-going facial and muscle simulation research.
- Create tools to streamline workflow/pipeline.
- Work with team directors and production to identify/prioritize tasks.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
- Minimum 6 years of production experience in game or film/VFX field, with
- Strong understanding of Maya and Python scripting.
- Professional experience with developing and maintaining FACS based facial rigs.
- In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging technique and principles.
- Knowledge of realistic human anatomy
- Experience with adopting production pipelines and make improvements that respect guidelines and system requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues.
- Experience with OpenMaya or C++ Maya API.
- Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization, including Maya parallel DAG evaluation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.