PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Decision Scientist
San Mateo, CA
As a data-rich company, we continue strengthening the analytics functions and are now looking for a proactive, result-orientated Senior Decision Scientist with the Marketing Analytics team. The Decision Science and Forecasting group has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key contributor within the marketing vertical in making data-driven decisions with insights and storytelling. The team empowers marketers with robust data analytics to meet and exceed their business goals effectively. We are looking for an individual motivated by being part of a truly global team.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and flexible teammate with solid technical skills and strong analytical mind, and an excellent communicator who thrives in the fast-paced and ever-evolving gaming industry!
Primary responsibility is the delivery and communication of high-quality forecast and KPI solutions for exclusive games software titles through
- Broad consideration of various factors influencing sales and incremental spending on software titles.
- Crafting robust and detailed solutions to forecasting through using a range of data assets and insight sources.
- Identifying important levers that need to be considered from a marketing perspective that impact and influence favorable consideration around these aspects to achieve greater sales at a title level and across the overall portfolio of game spend.
- Identifying players for targeting will lead to success and supports achieving the forecast targets.
Other responsibilities in other Decision-Science led work
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, and apply statistics to sophisticated business problems
- Develop custom data models and algorithms which are free of known biases
- Optimize Marketing Spend Allocation with a mix of Art (Strategy) and science (modeling)
- Identify insights that are used to drive strategic decision-making across the organization
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business in collaboration with Consumer Insights
- Mentor and delegate tasks to consultant partners while continuing to lead them in an agile manner
- Wrangle constantly evolving, large, and complex data on users and various forms of content using scripting and statistical tools such as SQL
- Lead projects independently by routinely communicating with partners and leadership; present in a cohesive, logical, and fluent way from the original business question to data-driven strategy recommendation
- Liaise within the Marketing and Analytics Teams to identify and evaluate opportunity areas for advanced analytics initiatives
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists and analysts on the broader organization to identify standard processes and leverage existing analytical assets
- Implement a wide range of standard methodologies and processes in analytics to support greater consistency, efficiency, and integration of work outputs
- Solid analytical knowledge base, embracing a systematic approach focusing on the Players, their behaviors, and associated trends.
- Expertise in SQL, Advanced Excel with VBA, R, Python, MicroStrategy,
- Interpretation of trends as well as the ability to draw insights from the dynamic gaming industry
- Proficient in using tools like Qlik, MicroStrategy, and Powerpoint
- Lead the creative developments of robust solutions to complex problems by guiding onsite and offshore team members
- Driven interest or experience in the video gaming industry
- Over 8-10 years of experience in analytics (preferably gaming/ marketing) with or without M.S. correspondingly
- Relentlessly high standards, with a phenomenal sense of ownership over your work
- In-Line with SIE ‘Game Changers’ attitudinal Behavior Approaches: Explore; Build; Collaborate; Communicate; Deliver
- A self-starter with the capacity to exercise initiative and creativity appropriately, make informed decisions, and request mentorship when vital
- Ability to thrive in a global team where partners and team members are in different time zones.
- Passionate teammate with a curious, innovative approach and ability to think creatively!
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a constantly evolving technology industry
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.