PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Legal Operations Specialist, Vendor Management
San Mateo, CA (Hybrid)
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Legal Operations team is looking for a vendor management professional to support the Legal Department’s vendor portfolio, with emphasis on outside counsel vendor management. This role will work with multiple partners including legal, vendors, information security, accounting, and procurement teams.
- Manage legal department vendors (e.g. law firms, software licenses, consultants, etc.)
- Lead negotiations with law firms/vendors; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion
- Serve as Legal’s outside counsel and e-billing subject-matter expert, responding to support questions, following up on open issues, and performing trainings on tools and process
- Responsible for improvement of the associated vendor processes, including system, department processes, etc.
- Develop relationships with vendors to manage costs and to ensure contracts reflect business requirements and company standards, including the review of existing contracts terms and ensuring discounts are being applied as agreed
- Identify new opportunities for negotiated discounts and alternative fee arrangements
- Respond to engagement-specific questions raised by internal and external (firm) stakeholders, including working with Legal and Finance to resolve payment issues
- Provide financial information to meet ad hoc reporting requests including metrics and operational analysis
- Oversee expense management efforts, conduct expense reviews, and report on costs, savings, and spotting trends
- Assist with budget and annual planning, and budget-to-actual variance analysis
- Create guidelines and standard vendor contract protocols
- Translate team goals and priorities into a strategic plan and subsequently drive, track, and report progress against plan
- 8+ years of related experience
- Experience in law firm/vendor management, rate evaluation, legal procurement, value, cost
- Highly independent and self-starter with strong analytical and financial competence
- Experience with e-billing software. SimpleLegal experience a plus
- Exceptional negotiating skills, along with a strong presence and ability to influence others, including senior leadership
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and evolving market forces governing legal and expert firm rates
- Experience in the identification of issues that could impact the vendor or internal client experience and engaging partners on plans for improvement
- Experience with process improvement initiatives and a proven track record of delivering value (e.g. cost savings, ROI, efficiency, automation, compliance, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Robust presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent program management capabilities, including regular communication of project status, key actions, risks, and opportunities
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Experience in the video game industry a plus
This is an hourly non-exempt role.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.