PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Corporate Development
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Manager, Corporate Development. SIE’s Corporate Development Team works closely with SIE’s management team and is responsible for identifying inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures. The team sources, evaluates and completes transactions that are aligned with SIE’s strategic priorities and drive significant long-term value for the company.
The foundational work of the team involves developing market insights through strong internal and external relationships to identify attractive M&A and investment opportunities. Opportunities are assessed based on rigorous investment criteria and evaluation by internal partners. Members of the team will develop the business case (including commonalities) and drive internal alignment on strategic fit and the post-deal plan. The team works collaboratively across all functions and services at SIE.
This is an exciting and challenging role with significant executive exposure. The Manager is expected to bring financial analysis and deal experience, as well as strategic problem-solving skills. The position offers unique opportunities at the convergence of the global media and technology industries, and a chance to influence the evolution of this fast paced sector.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with Corporate Strategy and other internal partners to continuously refine the major strategic themes that guide SIE’s M&A strategy
- Construct business case and prepare detailed valuation models for potential transactions
- Prepare presentations which outline the strategic rationale for transactions
- Participate in cross functional due diligence process and provide project management from due diligence through conclusion/signing
- Present business cases and analytics to senior management to gain approval
- Research and analyze secondary market research to provide support for corporate development, strategic and possible M&A activities
- Build and maintain relationships with partners across SIE and across the other Sony businesses to facilitate discovery of opportunities and alignment on projects
- Lead and facilitate post-merger integration activities to ensure successful transaction outcomes
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of investment banking, corporate development (M&A) experience
- Experience evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, including identifying key strategic themes and building financial models and presentations
- Proven track record of in all parts of the end-to-end M&A process for both large and small transactions, including acquisitions, joint ventures and investments
- Strategic, quantitative and financial modelling skills, including the ability to structure the rationale for M&A recommendations with data and perform valuation analysis
- Experienced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and PowerPoint
- Data savvy with the ability to drill down and identify key drivers and communicate insightful, practical recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and executive presence
- Ability to multi-task, lead multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Strong team-player
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to function effectively across globally distributed management teams
- BA required, MBA preferred
- Experience working for a major video gaming or entertainment company a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.