PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Brand Partnerships & Experiential Activation Manager
Toronto, Ontario / Hybrid
PlayStation Global's Community & Cultural Activation team is seeking a passionate and dynamic individual who can think big strategically and creatively to bring ideas to life with our current Sponsorship partners (Raptors, Leafs, TFC and Argos) and prospective Brand Partnership opportunities. In this role you will also work with agency partners to develop and execute engaging activation ideas to support the PlayStation brand, our biggest IPs releases, PS5 & VR hardware and the PS Plus subscription service.
Our ideal new team member is skilled at building relationships, creative, can multi-task, prioritize, and has experience working across functional teams and agencies. A skilled marketer, with a passion for gaming, sports and entertainment that is excited about the opportunity to bring to life exciting brand fame moments for the PlayStation brand, products and services.
- Lead development/refinement of annual sponsorship strategy, annual tactical plans, quarterly scorecards, and ROI measurement
- Manage sponsorship campaigns for PlayStation Global sponsorship properties such as the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs and lead negotiations on any supporting talent collaborations
- Day-to-day responsibilities for asset management of sponsorship properties
- Collaborate cross-functionally with 3P game lead for sports games, owned social & PR lead for sponsorship extension opportunities
- Develop brand partnerships including identifying key partners in the Canadian market, building relationships, collaborating on developing and executing high-impact brand partnership programs
- Support local execution of Globally negotiated brand partnership programs
- Execute local support for One Sony initiatives
- Support campaign managers on AAA campaigns to build out activation plans to that compliment paid media plans
- Budget-permitting, responsible for the delivery and event management of specialist flagship local consumer events, such as Comic-Con and FanExpo.
- Lead agency briefing, management and budget responsibility for all consumer events and campaign-specific experiential activations
- Budget & time management – ensure that you are working with suppliers and agencies on delivering activations on time and to budget. You will be expected to define budgets, interrogate budgets thoroughly ahead of approval and keep within the agreed budget.
- Monthly budget forecasting and financial administration in relation to all PS sponsorships, events and brand partnerships
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders from across the SIE global business to ensure information is shared proactively and appropriate approvals are secured for all Canada activations
- Deliver comprehensive evaluations after every sponsorship, brand or experiential activation that provides an overview of performance, insights, feedback and results vs. KPIs
- Demonstrates creative thinking in strategy development and plans
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to engage and influence internal and external partners
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills with proven ability to adapt to navigate hurdles
- Disciplined approach on measuring and taking accountability to important metrics and KPIs set against programs and campaigns
- Self-motivated with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player —broad level of involvement across many marketing areas and many other functions. Works as part of the team to ensure all brand experiences are of a high quality, honours the PlayStation brand values, and follows the brand, legal, and activation guidelines.
- Knowledge and passion for video games
- 7+ years of experience activating brand sponsorships, building brand partnerships, and leading experiential activations
- Previous experience in gaming, tech or entertainment sector an asset
- English required and French speaking a plus
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field OR equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.