PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You’re into tech, really all tech, but graphics and low-level stuff are your bread and butter. Optimizations – definitely, both CPU and GPU. Graphics systems – of course: whatever the artists need to make the highest quality visuals. And part of you thinks like they do, which is great, since you will be collaborating with them often.
- Design and implement systems and tools for engine, rendering, and technology needs (such as streaming, world editing and rendering, shaders, lighting, particles, effects, and so on)
- Collaborate with designers and artists in their use of these systems and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Work on runtime engine tasks in support of specific project requirements as needed
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum ten years professional programming experience
- Expert in modern rendering techniques and engine-related issues
- Expertise in C and C++
- Strong programming generalist with solid code architecture skills
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- One or more of the following:
- Experience with machine learning applications in rendering
- Deep understanding of BRDFs and material behavior
- Experience with path-tracing and current raytracing hardware
- Deep low-level knowledge of PS5 hardware and systems
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.