PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Product Marketing (Business Analysis)
San Mateo, CA
The Director of Product Marketing will drive planning for long-range platform leadership through insights for product development and content portfolio. This is a critical role in the Platform Marketing team who overall drive long-term evaluation and success of PlayStation Platforms, including PlayStation 5. This role reports to the Senior Director, Platform Product Marketing within the Global Marketing division.
The role delivers a unique opportunity to empower the strategies behind market execution of PlayStation consoles. This responsibility is key and driven through deep collaboration with Consumer Insights, Analytics, 1st Party Game Marketing, 3rd Party Relations, and Brand Marketing teams. These partnerships will enable delivery of an integrated understanding of the business and drive detailed product marketing strategies that generate market success for PlayStation and our content partners!
- Lead the annual planning process for PS Platforms: identify critical business issues/opportunities
- Lead inputs and guidance to consumer research to define critical drivers for platform adoption, affinity and engagement
- Identify and assess strategic business issues; bring key partners together to make decisions with efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a key marketing partner in defining growth for new and existing products and offerings.
- Develop competitive framework grounded in comprehensive market and category assessments.
- Identify and integrate key marketing metrics and KPIs for the category
- Develop key analytic frameworks & models to determine product mix and marketing investment for PlayStation Platforms.
- Collaborate with the sales planning functions in each region worldwide, to lead console P&L, including monthly SKU planning forecast and product mix strategy.
- Lead team to complete product strategy and roadmaps regionally.
- Resolve partnership and content integration required to drive platform adoption and market competitiveness.
- Content portfolio oversight across 1st and 3rd party content, to enable the PlayStation Platforms to maintain leadership in the marketplace, reinforced by its content portfolio strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA strongly preferred
Marketing Leadership Experience
- 15+ years of experience leading teams in global organizations with growing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning in product marketing for a large-scale consumer facing brand with a diverse portfolio.
- Deep experience working with product and/or content development teams.
- Experience overseeing a P&L, demand planning and forecast analysis of a large-scale product portfolio.
- Strategic and flexible approach to business problem solving. Ability to process information to formulate an effective strategy and align the leadership team through effective storytelling around the strategy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment. Build, lead, develop and mentor a team of star product marketers.
Strong Cultural Leadership Traits
- Aim for results. Commitment to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks.
- Strong collaboration and inclusion skills: Work productively & co-operatively within the group and across business units/functions to form deep and trusted relationships to achieve common goals – high emotional intelligence cultural awareness
- Innovative problem solver: Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver for each project and is willing to champion new insights with their manager and partners
- Works independently, with little need for instruction, but maintains communication with leaders and leaders’ peers to ensure partner teams feel informed and supported
- Self-starter: Brings passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and professionalism
Candidate Preferred Qualities
- Passion for games and tech products, ideally with professional experience in the category
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to C-level executives
- Passion for data driven decisions built from your ability to draw insights from information, and talent for making sense of a complex, and sometimes ambitious, set of considerations
- You enjoy building exceptional presentations and a strong interest in building comprehensive, strategic recommendations
- Sharp with an analytical mind that can understand and define sophisticated problems with the skill of adjusting perspective from narrow to wide, depending on the circumstances
- An energetic, ambitious, enthusiastic, disciplined, hard-working and a great teammate!
- Proactive and organized, with ability to handle complex plans with multiple internal/external partners
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.