PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego Studio
We have an exciting opportunity to join our San Diego Studios team here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation! We seek a Programmer proficient with C++ and graphics to contribute to the development our in-game suite of tools in the bestselling reoccurring MLB The Show gaming series for next-gen gaming environments.
- Primary role will be to work on enhancing our in-game tools and framework including enhancing functionality in addition to developing strong workflows with easily navigable interfaces
- Document, evangelize and help train end users
- Enhance interoperability between in-game tools and external applications and tools
- Learn, maintain and improve existing tool-side graphics code for game
- Learn, maintain and improve existing in-engine graphics runtime code for game (Custom Graphics API/C++)
- Min. 3 years experience of game industry (or related) experience
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Maya, Blender, or other similar DCC tools
- Qt/WxWidgets/ImGUI/MFC or similar UI API experience
- Design and implementation of modular and easily extensible solutions
- Strength in 3D math including Linear Algebra and Trigonometry
- Experience with modern rendering techniques and engine-related issues
- Experience in one/multiple of GNM (PS4), DX11/12/Vulkan (Xbox/PC), NVN (Switch)
- Ability to write efficient/compact code for game consoles with limited resources
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Perforce or other revision control solution
- Experience with 3rd party game engines (Unreal and/or Unity)
- Cross platform network programming (UDP/TCP communication between apps)
- Visual Studio
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.