PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial planning & analysis as part of the Global Corporate Planning team. Key tasks include business analysis, management reporting, analyzing key trends and recommending potential strategies to management to ensure that we achieve our financial and non-financial targets.
- Provide budget, forecast, and mid-range planning support for global divisions as financial business partner:
- Work with budget owners to prepare and review bottom-up Budget/Forecast
- Analyze data - provide recommendations, challenge assumptions.
- Review data at the cost center, consolidated function level, leadership team/global division head. Ensure data integrity of submission. Understand key business drivers of the global division.
- Create Budget presentation materials and monthly financial reporting.
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with budget owners. Proactively identify items that impact the global division forecast. Ensure accountability.
- When applicable, perform g/l analysis and work with purchasing team and business to prepare monthly journal entries for Accounting Dept. (accruals, reclasses, recharges, and intercompany transfers).
- Support our overall annual (budget, mid-range plan), quarterly and monthly forecasting processes. Support the consolidation process. Ensure data integrity.
- Develop thoughtful analysis and deliver key insights that support strategic decision making. Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop financial models, ex: gap and trend analysis, risks and opportunities, ROI, others.
- Work with internal leadership team/stakeholders as part of the monthly and quarterly reporting process. Prepare consolidated global reporting for HC, OPEX, CapEx / fixed asset tracking, and other KPI’s.
- Liaison between global division and global/regional CP&A, Accounting, and Finance teams
- Recommend ways to automate reporting and streamline processes. Support globalization efforts.
- Ensure financial control and governance
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes initiative and ownership to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to multitask and deliver against aggressive timelines
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to assist with a variety of tasks and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Basic knowledge/understanding of accounting and financial statements
- Strong interest in internet and/or media & entertainment industries
- Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Japanese language proficiency considered a plus but not essential
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.